Manor Academy Aims and Objectives
Parents, Carers and Families
- To encourage a shared commitment, a partnership between home and school.
• To encourage parental involvement.
• To have excellent methods of communication.
• To provide high quality extra -curricular and after school activities.
- To celebrate diversity and achievement.
• To value each individual’s contribution to school life.
• To equip pupils with the skills and necessary knowledge to live as independent a life as possible.
• To enable all pupils maximum opportunity to extend lifelong learning.
• To encourage our pupils to have respect for themselves and others.
• To encourage pupils to be self -motivated and to develop a responsibility for their own learning.
• To promote a positive and an enquiring attitude to learning.
• To promote in all pupils pride and a sense of ownership in their school.
• To promote self -esteem and a positive self- image.
• To break down barriers to learning and encourage participation for all.
- To have a broad and balanced curriculum.
• To provide a stimulating, enjoyable and diverse curriculum.
• To provide extra-curricular activities that will extend pupils’ experiences.
• To seek out innovative ways of improving the quality of teaching and learning.
• To maintain standards of excellence in all aspects of the curriculum.
• To promote a shared understanding that learning is for life.
• To encourage all pupils to progress to higher education.
• To continually identify opportunities for inclusion across the curriculum.
Staff, Trustees and Advisors
- To promote the organisation as a local, regional and national centre of excellence.
• To effectively monitor, assess and evaluate pupil outcomes.
• To use a consultative management style that encourages communication and dialogue.
• To identify, negotiate and promote staff and organisational development needs.
• To share skills, enthusiasm and subject knowledge within the learning community.
• To provide a safe, secure and supportive environment that encourages all styles of learning.
• To strive for the highest possible standards.
• To maintain excellent practice through self -evaluation and professional review.
• To promote an inclusive approach in all aspects of school and community life.
Contact details : Helen Counsell, will be happy to answer any queries you may have and refer you to the appropriate member of staff.